"Utah Women Making History" Exhibit of 50 Brooke Smart illustrations of Utah women
Thanks to generous support from the Utah Division of Arts and Museums, “Utah Women Making History,” an exhibit of Brooke Smart’s 50 illustrations of Utah women’s advocates, is traveling the state from 2019-2022 as Utahns commemorate the 150th anniversary of Utah women’s first votes in 1870, the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment in 1920, and the 55th anniversary of the Voting Rights Act in 1965. Utah women were at the forefront of the national suffrage movement in many ways, but the fight for women’s voting rights was not a singular event nor was it the only cause women in Utah and across the nation worked towards and for.
The exhibit includes Utah artist Brooke Smart’s illustrations of Utah women (and a few men) who worked to advocate for women and advance their communities. You can read biographies of each of these advocates here. For a report on the exhibit opening at SLCC in August 2019, click here.
- July 31—September 20, 2020 – Bountiful Davis Arts Center, 90 N. Main St. Bountiful, UT 84010
- September 21—November 2, 2020 – Orem Public Library, 58 N. State Street, Orem, UT 84057
- November 2—December 15, 2020 – Boulder Community Center Gallery, Boulder, UT
- December 17, 2020—March 1, 2021 – Weber State University Stewart Library, 3921 Central Campus Dr, Ogden, UT 84408
- March 2—April 12, 2021 – Discovery Gateway Children’s Museum, 444 W 100 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- May 3 – August 30, 2021 – Springville Museum of Art, 126 E 400 S, Springville, UT 84663